Drizzle 2 lbs. chicken with
fresh juice of one lemon, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let stand half an
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter with 3 tbsp. olive oil, add chicken pieces and brown
quickly over high heat. Remove chicken.
- Add chopped onion and crushed garlic clove; reduce heat and cook until
- Add wine, tomato sauce, celery, and parsley.
- Replace chicken, cook uncovered over low heat until chicken is tender,
about 30 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, cook 5 minutes longer. Taste for salt, add if needed.
- Cook fettucine, drain and arrange in shallow casserole, layered with 3/4
cup grated parmesan cheese. Pour the tomato wine sauce over the noodles. Arrange
chicken pieces neatly on top layer, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and
dot with butter. Broil 4 inches from heat until butter is melted with cheese.